Wednesday, November 9, 2011

THE WRECK; re-visited 19

       
       Upon hearing Ramesh, Jogendra being not satisfied with the Ramesh's explanation came down on him:
" Well, may I put a few questions to Kamala about this ?"
  "Most certainly not ! If you consider me guilty you can pass on me whatever sentence you think fit. Kamala is perfectly innocent, and I will not expose her to your cross-examination."
   ' It's is quite unnecessary to question anybody at all. I've found out all that there is to know. You have given me sufficient proof. I tell you most distinctly that if you set foot in our house again you will have to submit to insult, " warned Jogendra. He further added, " I've something more to say. You're not to write to Hemamalini or hold any communication with her - openly or in secret. If you write to her I'll publish abroad the secret that you wish to keep with the secrets that I have. If any one asks us now why your engagement to Hemamalini has been broken off I'll say it was because I refused my consent to the marriage ; I shan't give the true reason. But if you're not careful the whole story will come out. Do not think I have the least sympathy for you ; it is only because this matter affects my sister, I've let you off  so lightly. My last word to you is never to give the least indication, by speech or behavior, that you ever had any acquaintance with Hemamalini. It's no good exacting any promise from you ; I can't expect sincerity from you after such deceit."

   Jogendra and Akshay went out, leaving Ramesh too stunned to move. When his numbed senses began to recover from the shock his first impulse was to go for a brisk walk and review the situation in the open air, but he remembered that he could not leave Kamala alone in a strange place. When he went into the next room he found Kamala sitting by the window overlooking the street ; Ramesh squatted on the floor.

  "Who were these men ?" asked Kamala ; "they came to our school this morning. They asked me what relation you were to me."





  

No comments:

Post a Comment